The RS10™ is a compact, self-contained sensor interface utilizing Bluetooth® long-range, ultra-low power wireless technology. The RS10 communicates with a host telemetry unit to upload sensor data and receive commands from the Ranch Cloud™ platform.
With the RS10, equipment installation is no longer constrained by cabling. Place sensors where needed and connect them wirelessly to a host unit up to 1000 feet away. The RS10 is compatible with many existing types of equipment and wireless connectivity increases capacity for the number of devices connected to a single telemetry unit.
The RS10 is well suited for use in all agricultural cultivation types such as trees/vines, row crops or under pivot applications. Its small size and flexible mounting options make it much easier to move during harvest or other times when a telemetry unit mounted to a tall strut or cable runs might be in the way or damaged by human activity or passing equipment.
Maximum wireless range requires unobstructed line of sight between RS10 and the host unit. With trees or foliage between RS10 and the host, typical wireless range is up to 350 feet.
The RS10 has the following built-in features:
- Sealed weather resistant housing
- Bluetooth® modem
- 3V NiMH rechargeable battery
- Four (4) fixed solar panels
- Status LED
- Wireless on/off switch
- 5V DC excitation voltage generator
- One (1) SDI-12 sensor input port
- Onboard diagnostic sensors for internal temperature, battery voltage, and signal strength
The RS10 supports the following sensors:
- Aquacheck Subsurface Soil Moisture
- HSTI HydraSCOUT Soil Moisture
- Sentek Drill & Drop w/TriSCAN: Salinity, Soil Moisture & Temperature
- Sentek Drill & Drop Soil Moisture & Temperature
- Sentek EnviroSCAN Soil Moisture & Salinity**
- John Deere Field Connect Soil Moisture**