The RM400™ is an advanced telemetry node, data logger, and equipment controller capable of reading data from a variety of sensors and uploading that data to the Ranch Cloud™ platform.
The RM400 is built to be the backbone of your monitoring and control system. It is designed for ease of use, with a built-in display and keypad interface for in-field configuration, valve control, and data readout. Advanced configuration is available using a cabled PC connection or by real-time cloud server connection using the myRanch™ app.
The RM400 can control up to 48 valves* and provides multiple sensor input options. Using the myRanch app, you can create multiple, fully automated irrigation programs in a matter of minutes. Programs can be automatically optimized for the shortest possible run time, and dynamically adjusted based on real-time environmental conditions.
The RM400 supports WiFi and cellular connectivity to Ranch Cloud, traditional wired sensors, and wireless sensor connectivity, using Bluetooth® long range wireless technology. In combination with the RS10™ Long Range Bluetooth Transmitter, the RM400 can read up to four SDI-12 soil probes up to 1000 feet away, making new installations and upgrading existing installations easier than ever.
* Number of supported valves varies by configuration.
The RM400 has the following built-in features:
- OLED display w/keypad interface
- 10 to 24V AC/DC flex power input
- 3.7V Li-Ion rechargeable battery
- Four status LEDs
- ARM 32-bit CPU
- 4MB flash file system for data buffering
- USB-C cable interface for PC connection
- Bluetooth® modem
- WiFi Modem
- 5V and 12V DC excitation voltage generator
- Eight (8) feedback sensor/digital counter ports
- Onboard diagnostic sensors for internal temperature, battery voltage, current draw, charge current, and cellular/WiFi signal strength
The RM400 supports the following optional expansion components:
- Cellular modem w/AGPS
- 24VAC solenoid control output, up to 48 outputs w/four (4) stackable, 12-port expansion boards
- DC latching relay control output, up to 32 outputs w/four (4) stackable, 8-port expansion boards
*Planned for late 3Q 2022
- Sensor input expansion board